Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: prolifération
- (uncountable) The process by which an organism produces others of its kind; breeding, propagation, procreation, reproduction.
- (countable) The act of increasing or rising; augmentation, amplification, enlargement, escalation, aggrandizement.
- 2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school. Girls are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence.
- (countable) The result of building up; buildup, accretion.
- (uncountable) The spread of biochemical, nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction to countries not originally involved in developing them.
- horizontal proliferation
- vertical proliferation
the process by which an organism produces others of its kind
the act of increasing or rising