Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to protectionism, or an advocate thereof.
- 2008, International Transport Forum, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, SourceOECD (Online service), 17th International ITF/OECD Symposium on Transport Economics and Policy: benefiting from globalisation : transport sector contribution and policy challenges : introductory reports and summary of discussion : 25-27 October 2006, Berlin, →ISBN, page 171:
- This is because most member countries still hold a very much protectionist stance when it comes to the service sector.
protectionist (plural protectionists)
- Someone who believes in protecting domestic producers by impeding or limiting the importation of foreign goods and services via actions taken by government.
- (Netherlands) IPA(key): /ˌproː.tɛk.ʃoːˈnɪst/
- Hyphenation: pro‧tec‧ti‧o‧nist
- Rhymes: -ɪst
protectionist m (plural protectionisten)