Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈk(w)ɔɹtɚˌmæstɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkwɔːtɚˌmɑːstə/
- Hyphenation: quar‧ter‧mas‧ter
quartermaster (plural quartermasters)
- (military) An officer whose duty is to provide quarters, provisions, storage, clothing, fuel, stationery, and transportation for a regiment or other body of troops, and superintend the supplies.
- (nautical) A petty officer who attends to the helm, binnacle, signals, and the like, under the direction of the master.
officer responsible for supplies
- To act as a quartermaster