Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /ɹæmˈbʌŋ(k)ʃəs/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Hyphenation: ram‧bunct‧ious
- (chiefly US, informal) Boisterous, energetic, noisy, and difficult to control.
- Synonyms: hyphy (slang), robustious, rumbustious, shandy (Northern England, Scotland), unruly, wild
- The kids are being especially rambunctious today.
- 2002, Jeffrey Rowland, Wigu Adventures
- Mrs. Tinkle, your son’s rambunctious behavior is quite common in children with unusually high intelligence levels.
- 2018 December 12, Charles Bramesco, “A Spoonful of Nostalgia Helps the Calculated Mary Poppins Returns Go Down”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 24 May 2019:
- She does the same thing as any parent worth their salt, and gets rambunctious youngsters engaged in daily drudgeries by refashioning the quotidian as adventure.
boisterous, energetic, noisy, and difficult to control