Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of scouting or exploring (especially military or medical) to gain information.
- 1973, Arthur C. Clarke, Rendezvous with Rama:
- The third member, Sergeant Pieter Rousseau, had been with the back-up teams at the Hub; he was an expert on space reconnaissance instrumentation, but on this trip he would have to depend on his own eyes and a small portable telescope.
act of gathering information
- IPA(key): /ʁə.kɔ.nɛ.sɑ̃s/, /ʁə.kɔ.ne.sɑ̃s/
Audio (France, Paris) (file)
- Homophone: reconnaissances
- Hyphenation: re‧co‧nnai‧ssance
reconnaissance f (plural reconnaissances)