Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: red line
redline (plural redlines)
- A drawing, document, etc. that has been marked for correction or modification.
- The maximum speed at which the engine in a car is designed to operate.
- To mark a drawing or document for correction or modification.
- To run an internal combustion engine to its maximum or maximum recommended speed.
- To deny or complicate access to services (such as banking, insurance, or healthcare) to residents in specific, often racially determined, areas.