Jump to navigation Jump to search
remiss (not comparable)
- At fault; failing to fulfill responsibility, duty, or obligations.
- I would certainly be remiss if I did not give credit where credit was due.
- Not energetic or exact in duty or business; careless; tardy; slack; hence, lacking earnestness or activity; languid; slow.
- 1695, John Woodward, An Essay toward a Natural History of the Earth and Terrestrial Bodies, especially Minerals, &c
- Its motion becomes more languid and remiss.
- (at fault): at fault, blameworthy, lash, lax, negligent, reprehensible
- (not energetic): careless, tardy, slack, languid, slow; see also Thesaurus:apathetic or Thesaurus:slow
not energetic or exact in duty or business; careless
- a referral, especially as a general practitioner refers a patient to another medical specialist
- a proposal referred for consideration
|Declension of remiss|