Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
remiss (not comparable)
- At fault; failing to fulfill responsibility, duty, or obligations.
- I would certainly be remiss if I did not give credit where credit was due.
- Not energetic or exact in duty or business; careless; tardy; slack; hence, lacking earnestness or activity; languid; slow.
- Thou never wast remiss, I bear thee witness.
- Its motion becomes more languid and remiss.
- a referral, especially as a general practitioner refers a patient to another medical specialist
- a proposal referred for consideration
|Inflection of remiss|