Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
resounding (plural resoundings)
- The action of the verb to resound
2000, Harold Schechter, Nevermore, pages 13:
- A tense hush — similar to those intervals of electrical stillness that separate the resoundings of a thunderstorm — fell upon the room.
- Having a deep, rich sound; mellow and resonant
- That causes reverberation
- (by extension) emphatic, celebrated
- We had a resounding win against the rival team.
having a deep, reverberating sound
- present participle of