Jump to navigation Jump to search
rewrite (plural rewrites)
- The act of writing again or anew.
- The film script underwent a rewrite for the European market.
- Something that has been written again.
something that has been written again
- (transitive) To write again, differently; to modify (a piece of writing or music, etc.).
- The editor asked me to rewrite my article for a non-technical audience.
- 2021 January 13, Paul Clifton, “Network News: Timetable cuts as demand falls and staff are protected”, in Rail, page 7:
- If we are going to rewrite all of those diagrams and change the duties of all of those staff, it will take a few weeks.
- (transitive) To write out again (without changes).
- The verb "restate" has analogous senses "to state again" and "to rephrase, to state again differently".
write again, differently
write again, without changing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.