Jump to navigation Jump to search
rundown (plural rundowns)
- (chiefly with definite article "the") A rough outline of a topic or situation.
- Could you give me the rundown on the new rules?
- (baseball) A defensive play in which the runner is caught between two fielders, who steadily converge to tag the runner out.
- Smith is caught in a rundown, but Jones will come around to score.
- A Caribbean stew of meat or fish (typically mackerel) with reduced coconut milk, yam, tomato, onion and seasonings.
- A reduction, e.g. of an activity, or in the size of something, such as a fleet.
- 2020 May 20, “Fleet News: LNER sends more '91s' off-lease”, in Rail, page 22:
- The rundown of LNER's Class 91/Mk 4 fleet continues, with two more locomotives sent for store at Doncaster and a rake of coaches moving to Worksop,
rundown (not comparable)
- Alternative form of
run-down — see run-down