Jump to navigation Jump to search
s-word (plural s-words)
- (euphemistic) The word shit, regarded as a vulgar or taboo word.
- (euphemistic) The word slut, regarded as a vulgar or taboo word.
- (euphemistic, Britain) The word spastic, regarded as an offensive or taboo word.
- (euphemistic, US) The word spic, regarded as a vulgar or taboo word.
- Any word beginning with s that is not normally taboo but is considered (often humorously) to be so in the given context; for example, socialism.
- (‘x’-word euphemisms) a-word, b-word, c-word, d-word, f-word, g-word / G-word, h-word, i-word, j-word, k-word, l-word, m-word, n-word, o-word, p-word, q-word / Q-word, r-word, s-word, t-word, v-word, w-word; see also C-bomb, f-bomb, L-bomb, n-bomb