Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
l-word (plural l-words)
- (euphemistic) The word love.
- (euphemistic) The word lesbian.
- Any word beginning with l that is not normally taboo but is considered (often humorously) to be so in the given context.
- 2010, Edgar Wright, Marc Platt, Eric Gitter, and Nira Park (producers), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Universal Pictures
- Wallace Wells: Break out the l-word.
- Scott Pilgrim: ‘Lesbian’?
- Wallace Wells: The other l-word.
- Scott Pilgrim: ... ‘lesbians’?
- Wallace Wells: It's ‘love’, Scott.
- (later in the film:)
- Scott Pilgrim: Because I'm in lesbians with you.
- Ramona V. Flowers: ... what?