See also: Lesbian
- 1 English
- 2 Interlingua
- 3 Romanian
- (of a woman) Homosexual; preferring female romantic or sexual partners.
She is lesbian.
- (of a romantic or sexual act or relationship) Between two women; homosexual.
a lesbian relationship / marriage / kiss
- (especially of an institution or group) Intended for lesbians.
We're going to a lesbian bar tonight.
- 2000, Bonnie Zimmerman, Encyclopedia of lesbian and gay histories and cultures, volume 1, page 135:
- Some lesbians also felt comfortable in the entertainment clubs in the black section of the city; these clubs were not lesbian but were lesbian friendly.
- 2008, Carl Abbott, How cities won the West: four centuries of urban change, page 283:
- Openly gay poets such as Allen Ginsberg were prominent among the beats, and many North Beach bars were gay and lesbian as well as bohemian.
- (of a woman: preferring female partners): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by some lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
- (between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by some lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
of a woman: preferring female partners
between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality
intended for lesbians
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
lesbian (plural lesbians)
- sapphist, gayelle
- (offensive) Amy-John, beaver eater, beanflicker, boondagger, bulldiker, bulldyker, carpet muncher, clam smacker, crack snacker, cunt-lapper, donut bumper, dyke, lesbianist, lezzer, lezzie, lezzo, rug muncher, scissor sister, todger dodger, vagitarian, clitorist
- See also Thesaurus:female homosexual
Terms derived from lesbian
- (sexual orientations) sexual orientation; asexual (-ity, ace), bisexual (-ity, bi), demisexual (-ity), graysexual (-ity), heterosexual (-ity, straight), homosexual (-ity, gay, lesbian), omnisexual (-ity), pansexual (-ity, pan), plurisexual (-ity), polysexual (-ity), robosexual (-ity), sapiosexual (-ity), androsexual (-ity), gynosexual (-ity) (Category: en:Sexual orientations)
lesbian (not comparable)
declension of lesbian