- A word starting with n.
- (euphemistic) The word nigger or nigga or nigra.
- (euphemistic) The word Nazi.
2009, Todd Wilbur, Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods:
- After that episode aired a new rule was posted: "Do not mention the N Word (Nazi)!"
2014, Ian Tinny & Rex Curry, Rex Curry BFFs Analects, ↑ISBN:
- The preceding poem inspired the “Not Say Nazi” movement to stamp out widespread ignorance and to abolish the N-word and the F-word.
2015, Koenraad Elst, Return of the Swastika: Hate and Hysteria versus Hindu Sanity, page 67:
- By dropping the N-word, you don't just stop the thinking processes in most of your audience; if you're not careful, you also stop your own mind from functioning. Most of these Nazi detectives conclude with their "revelation" that X has Nazi connections, and then expect the public to erupt in indignant outbursts of hate against X.
2016, Olivia Cadaval,Sojin Kim, & Diana Baird N'Diaye, Curatorial Conversations:
- Americans realize that von Braun had been a member of the Nazi party and an officer in the SS and that the V-2 was constructed using forced labor from concentration camps who were worked to death (2012). NASA refused to budge from its position. Regrettably, CFCH retreated and removed the offending N word.
- (humorous) Any word beginning with n that is not normally taboo but is considered (often humorously) to be so in the given context.
- (linguistics) Negation words, such as not, nobody, and nothing.
- (linguistics) Danish/Swedish/Norwegian nouns of the common gender (their indefinite article being en), as opposed to t-words, nouns of the neuter gender (their indefinite article being et).
- (euphemism for nigger): n-bomb