Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɜːvɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɝvɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)vɪŋ
serving (not comparable)
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) That or who serves or serve.
- The serving staff at this restaurant are excellent.
- a serving-girl
- (uncountable, gerund) The act or process of serving.
- (countable) An instance of that act or process; also (usually, especially) the amount of food or drink for or served to one person; especially in relation to a meal.
- Synonym: helping
- (countable) A layer added to the outside of an electrical cable to protect it.
The term is commonly used to refer to individual portion sizes, or to denote the amount that one would consume in a single sitting.
the act of serving
portion of food
layer added to the outside of an electrical cable to protect it