Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any machine operated by placing a coin or token into a slot.
- A gambling machine so operated; a fruit machine or one-armed bandit.
- A vending machine.
- 2005 Benjamin Crowell - The Modern Revolution in Physics
- As an illustration of a general technique for calculating odds, suppose you are playing a 25-cent slot machine.
- 1998 Eva Hemmungs Wirtén - Global Infatuation: explorations in transnational publishing and texts
- The paperback selling slot-machine was only one resourceful trade invention, . . .
- fruit machine (UK)
- one-armed bandit
- poker machine (US, Australia, New Zealand)
- pokie machine (Australia, New Zealand)
any coin-operated machine
vending machine — see vending machine