Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsəʊl.li/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈsoʊl.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊlli
solely (not comparable)
- Alone; exclusively.
- The new chef was solely responsible for attending the grill.
2012 November 20, Nina Bernstein, “Storm Bared a Lack of Options for the Homeless in New York”, in New York Times:
- This week, officials closed all evacuation centers but two on Staten Island. Now they plan to rely solely on hotels, even as they brace for a new wave of people displaced from storm-damaged housing where they are facing winter without heat or hot water.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.