Jump to navigation Jump to search
- stabiliser (British)
stabilizer (plural stabilizers)
- Any person or thing that brings stability.
- Any substance added to something in order to stabilize it.
- An additional wheel on a bicycle to keep it upright to assist a learner.
- A gyroscopically controlled fin or similar device that prevents the excess rolling of a ship in rough seas.
- An airfoil that stabilizes the flight of an aircraft or missile.
- (textiles) A piece of backing fabric used in embroidery.
- (mathematics) For a group operating on a set and an element x of the set, the set of all group elements fixing x.
substance added to something in order to stabilize it
training wheels on child's bicycle
set of group elements fixing an element of a set operated on by the group