Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of food, drink, etc, containing or covered with a large amount of sugar.
- Synonym: sugared
- Exaggeratedly sweet and pleasant, often to the point of aversion.
- 1990, Wayne Jancik, The Billboard Book of One-Hit Wonders, →ISBN, page 163:
- Whenever young lovers tied the knot, some wedding guest would inevitably beseech the reception band to play the sugary strains of this song.
- (dated) Fond of sweets.
covered with or containing a large amount of sugar
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.