- tanë (Gheg)
Tosk variant of Gheg tanë, from Proto-Albanian *twana, from Proto-Indo-European *teuH-, compare Lithuanian tvìnti ‘to rise, swell’, tvãnas ‘flood’. Alternatively from Proto-Albanian *tan-, from Proto-Indo-European *to(d) 'it'. Cognate to Ancient Greek τόν (tón, “it”).
- (followed by an indefinite noun) the entire, the whole
- Tërë ditën e ditës — “The whole livelong day.”
- (followed by a deictic determiner) all that, all those
- (followed by a definite noun) just like... (+ kinship term)
- (followed by an indefinite noun) full of...
- whole, entire, all : gjithë