Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: During
- dureing (archaic)
- (Received Pronunciation, UK, General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈdjʊəɹɪŋ/, /-ɔːɹɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation, UK, Canada, Ireland, General Australian, General New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈdʒʊəɹɪŋ/, /-ɔːɹɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdʊɹɪŋ/, /ˈdɝɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊəɹɪŋ
- Hyphenation: dur‧ing
- For all of a given time interval.
- I lived with my parents during the 1970s.
- The shop was one of the few able to stay open during the war.
- 1661, John Fell, The Life of the most learned, reverend and pious Dr. H. Hammond
- During the whole time of his abode in the university he generally spent thirteen hours of the day in study; by which assiduity besides an exact dispatch of the whole course of philosophy, he read over in a manner all classic authors that are extant […]
- 1909, Archibald Marshall [pseudonym; Arthur Hammond Marshall], “A Court Ball”, in The Squire’s Daughter, New York, N.Y.: Dodd, Mead and Company, published 1919, OCLC 491297620, page 9:
- They stayed together during three dances, went out on to the terrace, explored wherever they were permitted to explore, paid two visits to the buffet, and enjoyed themselves much in the same way as if they had been school-children surreptitiously breaking loose from an assembly of grown-ups.
- 2013 May-June, Katrina G. Claw, “Rapid Evolution in Eggs and Sperm”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3:
- Many genes with reproductive roles also have antibacterial and immune functions, which indicate that the threat of microbial attack on the sperm or egg may be a major influence on rapid evolution during reproduction.
- At any time or period within a given time interval.
- I lived with my parents at several points during the 1980s.
- Many of the best examples were produced during the Restoration.
- 1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 4, in Mr. Pratt's Patients:
- I told him about everything I could think of; and what I couldn't think of he did. He asked about six questions during my yarn, but every question had a point to it. At the end he bowed and thanked me once more. As a thanker he was main-truck high; I never see anybody so polite.
- 2014, “Little Green Men”: A Primer on Modern Russian Unconventional Warfare, Ukraine 2013–2014, Fort Bragg, North Carolina: The United States Army Special Operations Command, page 43:
- These infamous little green men appeared during the decisive seizures or buildings and facilities, only to disappear when associated militias and local troops arrived to consolidate the gains. In this way they provided a measure of deniability—however superficial or implausible—for Moscow.40
for all of a given time interval
within a given time interval
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked