tabling (plural tablings)
- A forming into tables; a setting down in order.
- (carpentry) The letting of one timber into another by alternate scores or projections, as in shipbuilding.
- (nautical) A broad hem on the edge of a sail.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Totten to this entry?)
- (obsolete) board; support
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Terence in English (1614) to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for tabling in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)