Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, idiomatic) To separate and reserve something for a specific purpose.
- Plan to set aside three or four hours to see the museum.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To leave out of account; to omit or neglect.
- Setting aside all other considerations, I will endeavour to know the truth, and yield to that.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To disagree with something and reject or overturn it.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To declare something invalid or null and void.
separate and reserve for a specific purpose
declare something invalid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.