Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To separate and reserve something for a specific purpose.
- Plan to set aside three or four hours to see the museum.
- (transitive) To leave out of account; to omit or neglect.
- (transitive) To disagree with something and reject or overturn it.
- (transitive) To declare something invalid or null and void.
- (reserve something for a specific purpose): allocate, earmark; see also Thesaurus:set apart
- (omit or neglect): put aside
- (disagree with something): decline, refuse, turn down
- (declare something invalid): annul, invalidate, rescind
separate and reserve for a specific purpose
to omit or neglect — see put aside
declare something invalid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.