Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Unable to clearly distinguish the difference in pitch between different notes.
- (colloquial) Having little appreciation of music, whether or not as a result of tone deafness.
- (colloquial) Out of touch with the experience of ordinary people.
- a politician's tone-deaf remarks about the price of bread
- The elected official's tone-deaf remarks about the operations of the clerk’s office were disappointing
- (colloquial) Insensitive and offensive as a result of not noticing the current social context.
unable to distinguish differences in pitch
- (Should we delete(+) this sense?) Tone-deaf people, as a group.
- a distinction unavailable to the tone-deaf