Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Provoking sadness and pity; that can cause sadness or heartbreak among witnesses to a sad event or situation.
- a touching story
provoking sadness and pity
- (archaic) Regarding; concerning.
touching (plural touchings)
- The act by which something is touched.
- 2011, Lance J. Rips, Lines of Thought: Central Concepts in Cognitive Psychology, page 168:
- But we can also take a more analytical attitude to these displays, interpreting the movements as no more than approachings, touchings, and departings with no implication that one shape caused the other to move.
- (India, in the plural) A snack served with alcoholic drinks in an informal environment.
The act by which something is touched