Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʌnˈwɪtɪŋli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌʌnˈwɪtɪŋli/, /ˌən-/, /-ɾɪŋ-/
- Hyphenation: un‧wit‧ting‧ly
- In an unwitting manner; inadvertently, obliviously, unintentionally, unknowingly.
- Antonyms: advertently, consciously, deliberately, knowingly, intentionally, purposely
- She realized to her horror that she had unwittingly helped those people she most despised.
- 1702, John Halle, A Modest Enquiry into the Nature of Witchcraft:
- And what grief of heart it brings to a tender conscience, to have been unwittingly encouraging of the Sufferings of the innocent.
- 2017 September 27, David Browne, “Hugh Hefner, ‘Playboy’ Founder, Dead at 91: Legendary Magazine Editor Helped Spark the Sexual Revolution”, in Rolling Stone, archived from the original on 15 March 2018:
in an unwitting manner