Jump to navigation Jump to search
uprising (plural uprisings)
- A popular revolt that attempts to overthrow a government or its policies; an insurgency or insurrection.
- 2013 June 7, Gary Younge, “Hypocrisy lies at heart of Manning prosecution”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 18:
- WikiLeaks did not cause these uprisings but it certainly informed them. The dispatches revealed details of corruption and kleptocracy that many Tunisians suspected, but could not prove, and would cite as they took to the streets. They also exposed the blatant discrepancy between the west's professed values and actual foreign policies.
- 2018, Corey Pein, Live Work Work Work Die, →ISBN:
- But in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017, a large audience of Americans finally saw the real beta uprising in the violent Nazi rally that shut the city down, terrorized the population, and culminated in the vehicular homicide of a local leftist woman
a popular revolt