Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to bow (to make something bend or curve)
Verga a vara.
- Bend the rod.
- (intransitive) to bow (to become bent or curved)
A árvore vergou com o vento.
- The tree bent with the wind.
- (figuratively, takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with a) to defer (to submit oneself to something)
O país vergou-se à força dos ventos.
- The country deferred to the force of the wind.
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:vergar.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb vergar