From en- + vergar, from en- + verga (“rod, twig”) + -ar.
envergar (first-person singular present indicative envergo, past participle envergado)
- (transitive) to curve (bend, crook)
- (transitive) to don; to wear (a piece of clothing)
From verga (“yard”).
envergar (first-person singular present envergo, first-person singular preterite envergué, past participle envergado)
- (nautical) to attach a sail to the yardarm
- Rule: g becomes a gu before e.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, still used in legal jargon and set phrases.
- 2 Argentine and Uruguayan voseo prefers the tú form for the present subjunctive.
Other verbs with this conjugation: