Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Francophonic) IPA(key): /vwɑːʁ diʁ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈvwɑː ˌdɪə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈvɔɹ ˌdaɪɹ/, /ˈvwɑɹ ˌdɪɹ/
voir dire (plural voir dires)
- (law) The preliminary phase of a jury trial in which the jurors are examined and selected.
- (law) A preliminary hearing without a jury in order to determine whether the evidence meets the test for admissibility to go to a full hearing at a criminal trial, in the legal systems of England and Wales, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States.