Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɒt͡ʃ.ə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɑ.t͡ʃɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɑt͡ʃə(ɹ)
- (General Australian, New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈwɔt͡ʃ.ə/
- Hyphenation: watch‧er
watcher (plural watchers)
- Someone who watches or observes.
- Someone who keeps vigil.
- A guard.
- (chiefly historical, Judaism, Christianity) A kind of angel appointed to watch over the human realm, in particular one of those who became fallen angels and begot the Nephilim.
- the Book of Watchers
someone who watches or observes
someone who keeps vigil
guard — see guard