Jump to navigation Jump to search
weaken (third-person singular simple present weakens, present participle weakening, simple past and past participle weakened)
- (transitive) To make weaker or less strong.
- weaken a bond
- weaken a joint
- (intransitive) To become weaker or less strong.
- Over the years my enthusiasms for the job has weakened.
to make weaker
to become weaker
- English terms suffixed with -en (inchoative)
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/iːkən/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English transitive verbs
- English terms with usage examples
- English intransitive verbs
- English ergative verbs