what do you say
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Used to ask someone if they are willing to do something.
- Let's go to the movies tonight, what do you say?
- (idiomatic, childish) Used to remind a child to say a polite expression.
- That man just gave you a lovely birthday gift, young lady; what do you say? ― Thank you!
- I want cake! ― What do you say? ― Please!
- When Aunt Fiona from Florida gave Jordan some candy, Mom said, "What do you say?" Jordan replied, "Thank you!"
- what (as a colloquial British form of 'eh')
used to ask someone if they are willing to do something