Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (business) The sale of products, often in large quantities, to retailers or other merchants.
- Synonym: bulk supply
sale of products, often in large quantities, to retailers or other merchants
- Of or relating to sale in large quantities, for resale.
- (figuratively) Extensive, indiscriminate, all-encompassing; blanket.
- The bombing resulted in wholesale destruction.
- 1961 October, “The winter timetables of British Railways: London Midland Region”, in Trains Illustrated, page 593:
- By wholesale omission of connections and by the use of a microscopic scale of photographic reproduction which makes some of the most important tables difficult to read, the size has been cut down from last winter's 580 to 520 pages only.
of or relating to sale in bulk or large quantity
in bulk or large quantity
- To sell at wholesale.
sell in bulk