Jump to navigation Jump to search
whoosh (plural whooshes)
- A breathy sound like that of an object passing at high speed.
- 2012, John Branch, “Snow Fall : The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek”, in New York Time:
- The snow burst through the trees with no warning but a last-second whoosh of sound, a two-story wall of white and Chris Rudolph’s piercing cry: “Avalanche! Elyse!”
- "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." —Douglas Adams
- To make a breathy sound like a whoosh.