Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "e"
- -mab is the base suffix common to all monoclonal antibodies. (See that entry for full paradigm.)
- USP Dictionary of USAN and International Drug Names, U.S. Pharmacopeia, 2000
- A linking vowel added in compound words to give easier pronunciation. It does not change the meaning.
- A suffix-initial vowel (or linking vowel) inserted interconsonantally between the word stem and the suffix, to ease pronunciation, without contributing to the meaning.
- A morph interjected between word roots to give pronunciation a better sense of flow, but which gives no change in meaning.