Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I remove from, move, put or take away.
- (especially with reflexive) I withdraw, retire.
- I take away by stealth, steal.
- (by extension) I avert, allay.
- (by extension) I get rid of, exile, banish.
- (of abstract ideas) I put away, cast off, dissociate.
Conjugation of amoveo (second conjugation)
- (withdraw): abdūcō, cēdō, recēdō
- (banish): abdō, ablēgō, dēpellō, eximō, expellō, exterminō, pellō, prōiciō, relēgō, submoveō
- amoveo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879