Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: black-jack
blackjack (plural blackjacks)
- (card games) A common gambling card game in casinos, where the object is to get as close to 21 without going over.
- (card games) A hand in the game of blackjack consisting of a face card and an ace.
- The flag (i.e., a jack) traditionally flown by pirate ships; popularly thought to be a white skull and crossed bones on a black field (the Jolly Roger). In older literature sometimes spelled "black jack".
- a small, flat, blunt, usually leather-covered instrument loaded with heavy material such as lead or ball bearings.
- a type of weed, Bidens pilosa, in the family Compositae.
Gambling card game
- To strike with a blackjack or similar weapon.