Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /ˌkɔː.nəˈkəʊ.pi.ə/, X-SAMPA: /%kO:.n@"k@U.pI.@/
- (US) IPA: /ˌkɔːr.nəˈkoʊ.pi.ə/, /ˌkɔːr.njəˈkoʊ.pi.ə/, X-SAMPA: /%kOrn(j)@"koUpi@/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Greek mythology) A goat's horn endlessly overflowing with fruit, flowers and grain; or full of whatever its owner wanted.
- A hollow horn- or cone-shaped object, filled with edible or useful things.
- An abundance or plentiful supply.
- The store provided a veritable cornucopia of modern gadgets.
mythical horn endlessly overflowing with food and drink
hollow horn- or cone-shaped object, filled with edible or useful things