Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also DINK
- IPA: /dɪŋk/
dink (plural dinks)
- (tennis) A soft drop shot.
- (US, pejorative) A North Vietnamese soldier.
- (US) Double Income No Kids - a childless couple with two jobs
- (Canada, colloquial) A penis.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- (tennis) To play a soft drop shot.
- (soccer) To chip lightly, to play a light chip shot.
- The forward dinked the ball over the goalkeeper to score his first goal of the season.
- 2010 December 28, Kevin Darlin, “West Brom 1 - 3 Blackburn”, BBC:
- But the visitors started the game in stunning fashion when Morten Gamst Pedersen dinked forward a clever looping pass and Kalinic beat the offside trap, surged into the box and beautifully placed the ball past goalkeeper Scott Carson.
- (Australia, colloquial) To carry someone on a pushbike: behind, on the crossbar or on the handlebar.
- I gave him a dink on my bike.
dink (not comparable)
- to deck