Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
dolour (plural dolours)
- (literary) A painful grief or suffering.
- 1605, But for all this thou shalt have as many dolours for thy daughters as thou canst tell in a year. — William Shakespeare, King Lear II.ii
painful grief or suffering
Old French 
- Late Anglo-Norman spelling of dulur
- qi purroit penser ou ymaginer la dolour et les peynes qe vous, ma douz Dame, endurastes.
- Who could think of or imagine the pain and the suffering that you, my dear lady, have endured.