Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A problem affecting function; a bug; an imperfection; a quirk
- They are still trying to work out all the glitches.
- (video games) A bug or an exploit.
- Performing this glitch gives you extra lives.
- (music) A genre of experimental electronic music of the 1990s, characterized by a deliberate use of sonic artifacts that would normally be viewed as unwanted noise.
Derived terms 
- 1962, John Glenn
- Literally, a glitch is a spike or change in voltage in an electrical current.
- 1965, Time magazine
- Glitches—a spaceman’s word for irritating disturbances.
- To experience an intermittent, unexpected, malfunction
- My computer keeps glitching; every couple of hours it just reboots without warning.
- (video games) To perform an exploit or recreate a bug while playing a video game.
- His character will glitch into the wall and out of the level.
- Moradi, Iman. (2004) Glitch Aesthetic