Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌntʃ
hunch (plural hunches)
- A hump; a protuberance.
- A stooped or curled posture; a slouch.
- The old man walked with a hunch.
- A theory, idea, or guess.
- I have a hunch they'll find a way to solve the problem.
- A hunk; a lump; a thick piece.
- a hunch of bread
- A push or thrust, as with the elbow.
stooped or curled posture
- (intransitive) To slouch, stoop, curl, or lean.
- Do not hunch over your computer if you want to avoid neck problems.
- To push or jostle with the elbow; to push or thrust suddenly.
- To thrust out a hump or protuberance; to crook, as the back.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dryden to this entry?)
to slouch, stoop, curl, or lean