Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 French
- 4 Polish
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdʒəʊkə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdʒoʊkɚ/
- Rhymes: -əʊkə(r)
joker (plural jokers)
- A person who makes jokes.
- (slang) A funny person.
- A jester.
- A playing card that features a picture of a joker (that is, a jester) and that may be used as a wild card in some card games.
- An unspecified, vaguely disreputable person.
- Some joker keeps changing this web page.
- (New Zealand, colloquial) A man.
person who makes jokes
jester — see fool
- (playing cards) playing card; ace, deuce, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, jack, queen, king, joker
- Wikipedia article on jokers (jesters)
- Wikipedia article on the joker (playing card)
- Wikipedia article on the Joker in Batman
- "joker" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- (card games) joker