Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- enPR: ôr, IPA(key): /oʊr/, /ɔː(r)/
- Homophones: or, ore, o'er, aw (in non-rhotic accents), awe (in non-rhotic accents)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)
oar (plural oars)
- An implement used to propel a boat or a ship in the water, having a flat blade at one end, being rowed from the other end and being normally fastened to the vessel.
- An oarsman; a rower.
- He is a good oar.
- (zoology) An oar-like swimming organ of various invertebrates.
- (implement used to propel a boat): paddle
implement used to row a boat
- To row; to propel with oars.
to row — see row