Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /pɑːz/, X-SAMPA: /pA:z/
- (US) IPA: /pɑɹs/, /pɑɹz/, X-SAMPA: /pAr\s/, /pAr\z/
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)z
- (linguistics) To resolve into its elements, as a sentence, pointing out the several parts of speech, and their relation to each other by government or agreement; to analyze and describe grammatically.
- (computing) To split a file or other input into pieces of data that can be easily stored or manipulated.
resolve into its elements (grammar)
have a computer program split a file or other input into bits of data that can be easily stored or manipulated
Derived terms 
parse (plural parses)
- (linguistics, computing) A successful act of parsing.
- (linguistics, computing) The result of such an act.
act of parsing
result of parsing
- apers, apres, après, aprés, asper, as per, pares, pears, præs., rapes, reaps, RESPA, sarpe, spare, spear
- (parere): parve