Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Ponce
ponce (plural ponces)
- (UK, slang) A man that is employed by a prostitute to find clients, who may also act as a bodyguard and driver. A ponce is different from a pimp in that the woman is the employer, not the man. Therefore, to be one is seen by some as submissive and effeminate and the term is occasionally used as an insult.
- (UK, pejorative) A posh or effeminate person.
pimp — see pimp
- (UK, slang) To act as a pimp.
- (UK, slang) Hence, to try to get rid of or proactively sell something.
- (UK, pejorative) To behave in a posh or effeminate manner.
- (UK, slang) To borrow (something) from somebody without returning it.
ponce f (plural ponces)