Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- piramis (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
pyramid (plural pyramids)
- An ancient massive construction with a square or rectangular base and four triangular sides meeting in an apex, such as those built as tombs in Egypt or as bases for temples in Mesoamerica.
- A construction in the shape of a pyramid, usually with a square or rectangular base.
- (geometry) A solid with triangular lateral faces and a polygonal (often square or rectangular) base.
- A pyramid scheme.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
Derived terms 
in geometry, a solid with triangular lateral faces and a polygonal base
pyramid scheme — see pyramid scheme
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
See also 
Declension of pyramid