Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æt
slat (plural slats)
- A thin, narrow strip or bar of wood or metal.
- slats of a window blind
- (aeronautical) A movable control surface at the leading edge of a wing that when moved, changes the chord line of the airfoil, affecting the angle of attack. Employed in conjunction with flaps to allow for a lower stall speed in the landing attitude, facilitating slow flight.
aeronautical: moveable control surface at the leading edge of a wing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To construct or provide with slats.
- To slap; to strike; to beat; to throw down violently.
- "How did you kill him?" "Slatted his brains out."
- (UK, dialect) To split; to crack.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Halliwell to this entry?)
- To set on; to incite.
- rod, slender stick
- cane, switch
- slender bar, rod
- sapling, slip, scion
- (anatomy) penis
- (measurement) yard
- (plural) outskirts
Declension of slat
after "an", tslat
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- Preterite of