Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Compare Swedish spruta a squirt, a syringe.
spout (plural spouts)
- a tube or lip through which liquid is poured or discharged
- I dropped my china teapot, and its spout has broken.
- a stream of liquid
- the mixture of air and water thrown up from the blowhole of a whale
a tube through which liquid is poured or discharged
a stream of liquid
the mixture of air and water thrown up from the blowhole of a whale
- (intransitive) To gush forth in a jet or stream
- Water spouts from a hole.
- (intransitive) To eject water or liquid in a jet.
- The whale spouted.
- To speak tediously or pompously.
to gush forth in a stream
to speak tediously and at length